Over the last several years, Prince Ivan (music duo consisting of Brydon Brett and Aaron Space) has produced the HOOKED! Songwriting Contest, Southwest Missouri’s premier songwriting competition. This year, Prince Ivan will be partnering with another Brett Family entity, The Nest. The Nest (owned by Tom and Andrea Brett) is a small concert venue focused on growing the songwriting community in Southwest Missouri.
The 2023 HOOKED! Songwriting Contest will be on Saturday, September 23 at 3:00pm at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater in Branson. The Nest will also be hosting a Top Ten Songwriter’s Roundtable the night before.
Any songwriters interested in submitting their original song(s) to be part of this year’s contest can visit hookedsongwritingcontest.com.
About the HOOKED! Songwriting Contest
The HOOKED! Songwriting Contest is Southwest Missouri’s premier songwriting competition, presented by Prince Ivan and The Nest. This contest brings together ten songwriters with celebrity judges and a live audience in an interactive style show. HOOKED! is all about searching for America’s next hit song, no matter the style or genre.
- All genres and ages (12 & up) are welcome to submit songs
- Submissions close August 1
- Top Ten finalists will be selected, notified, and announced August 15
- The Top Ten finalists have the opportunity to connect and share music during a Songwriter’s Roundtable on September 22 at The Nest.
- The Top Ten contest will take place on September 23 at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater.
- 1st Place – $1000 cash prize
- 2nd Place – $500 cash prize
- 3rd Place – $300 cash prize
Enter the contest HERE!